Saturday 20 March 2010

Questions, Questions, Questions!

"Hints of Snowdrops in Morning Light"

This snowdrop painting was from a recent demonstration at my watercolour workshops at the Market Street Gallery in Alton. I started the day with a very simple one colour wash then turned it into something far more exciting with the use of more  vibrantly warm colours which completely changed the mood of this  scene. Even though it isn't complete  a cold miserable Winters day has turned into one where the sun shone and created a ray of  light. How magical is that?

While I demosntrate or hold workshops I am often asked so many questions that are not related to painting.
How did I start painting? , how did I get into selling?, how did I get into a gallery?,  how do I price my work?, how do I choose which exhibitions to submit for?, how do  I know when a painting is finished? How did I get into writing?. And so many more.

I realise not everyone wants advise on how to use the brush or inspiration to paint. So I will  add some entries on  the answers to these questions to help as much as I can.

If you have any questions you would like to ask advise on please contact me  via  my web site

www.jeanhaines.com

And I promise as time allows I will try to  alleviate some of the scary issues  regarding being an artist.  Many people seem to want to know what goes on behind the scenes of being a professional artist so I will share that too!


**************************






No comments: