Monday 14 June 2010

In the Pink

"Pinks"
Heavily scented flowers painted from my garden.


Recently I have been so busy it has been almost impossible to find the time to  add to my blog so this morning I will catch up. So much is happening  and I am having to make priority decisions on what is and what isn't important so that I have less to juggle. Over the last twelve months especially my life has been changing where my routine has seen me regularly visit galleries, write, paint, hold workshops, attend exhibitions and meetings.

My diary is now so full  that I  have had to sadly stand down from one art commitee. I do believe the word "commitee"  stands for being committed to the role  following through on actions that need to be taken. I respect everyone who volunteers their time this way  because without dedicated teams on board this wonderful way of sharing and recognising talent would not be  accessible to many.

Having agreed to write a secondbook I know I will be now putting  my energy into this new wonderful project which will mean little time to donate elsewhere.  Having said that I am still on another commitee and very involved along with charity work which will always be top of my list of  what I want to achieve.

This week I will be in London at Brasserie Blanc for an evening hosted by Raymond Blanc where another of my cockerels will be auctioned in aid of the Lady Taverners. Knowing  very special children will benefit from this event really is what makes moving a brush  so worthwhile.

But today I leave to film my DVD! How exciting is that!

I quietly painted a few pinks  from my cottage garden to relax and it was a perfect way to start the day.
I feel "In the Pink"!

********************


1 comment:

Ady said...

Very exciting, Jean! Have a wonderufl day. x