Tuesday 24 August 2010

Herb Picker in Turkey

The day I watched this herb picker gather tea from the mountains in Turkey I had no idea I would be writing a book. I had no idea that she would feature in it and I had no idea how much she would come to mean to me over the next twelve months. At the time all I could take in was the glorious sunlight playing on her clothes and seemingly making parts of her completely disappear.This is how I saw her through my artists eyes. Half hidden in strong sunlight, a collection of directional brushstrokes, lines and patterns.To this day she still appeals to my brush and she gets more vibrant with each new time I attempt to capture that moment on paper.

She is of course in my book and this new latest painting will be at the " The Frame " gallery next week as part of the collection in my new exhibition and book signing there. She has the same effect every time I see her. I want to paint sunlight again!

**************

6 comments:

Vera Dennen said...

This one is amazing!!!!

Gretchen Bjornson ART said...

I am simply amazed by your methods.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Beautiful piece...and I love reading your posts...so thought provoking and insightful ....thanks for the inspiration...
Cynthia Schelzig

Ady said...

Gorgeous. You're amazing, Jean.

M R Anand said...

vibrant colours and the strong lights on the face merging with the background! amazing...

artbyjune said...

I love the strong sunlight in this one, Jean.