Monday 17 January 2011

2010 : A Mammoth Year!

 " Walking Away "
.........from last year!

I can't take in how many paintings I created in 2010. Each time I picked up my brush I aimed to make the next painting far more exciting than the last.Which leads me into 2011 in such an incredible state of mind that is positive,energetic and so eager to capture this years subjects in a way that they come across feeling full of light, life, colour and the magic that comes  from working with a medium I adore.Watercolour.

So many wonderful events and projects were dreams that came true for me  in 2010. What is even more  amazing is that I already know some of the dreams that are about to come true this year starting next month with an exciting journey into a whole new venture with a terrific company who approached me at the end of last year. A surprise that came out of the blue and I agreed immediately. From this time last year so much has happened in my art life.

For  example I can remember sitting in my studio and submitting this painting of an elephant to the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year Exhibition 2010 and never for a minute expecting to be selected as one only one hundred finalists from the many entrants. But I was and found myself talking to Hazel Soan at the Private Preview. Hazel kindly offered sound advise for making my first DVD which was released by the SAA,Society for All Artists.

"African Gold"
Finalist in the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year Exhibition 2010

Last year was  a year for dreams coming true in so many ways. When my son  looked at this next painting and liked it, as my best critic, I knew it should be included in my  first book " How to Paint Colour and Light in Watercolour" which was launched at the Mall Galleries in July 2010 during the SWA ,Society for Women Artists Annual Exhibition. Here I became a full member of the society enabling me to add the signature after my name. A signature I wear with pride as the artists in this association are those of outstanding talent and professionalism. My first book was sold here and signed. And friends came to witness the occasion which made it even more memorable.

From my book " How to Paint Colour and Light in Watercolour"

2010 has seen so many amazing events and opportunities come my way literally one after the other. Opening emails has been almost surreal in that I hear from so many incredble associations and art societies worldwide requesting demonstrations and paintings for exhibitions. And at the end of the year all I can do is look back and know in my heart along the way all I have done is what I love most of all. Paint. From my heart.

I face 2011 full of hope and that inner feeling of excitement of what the future may hold. To share these feelings on my blog is such a privilege. I hope if anyone reading feels they too can follow their dreams because mine came true then each minute typing is so worthwhile.

It is a new week, a new year and a month to enjoy creating in. It is time to begin my next chapter in my watercolour journey.

Watch this space!
***************


3 comments:

jgr said...

Jean, I am so thrilled for you! Congratulations on all of your well deserved success! Also, thank you for sharing your dreams and adventures with us.
Your paintings are breathtaking and very inspiring. I am a watercolor 'beginner' and I appreciate your encouraging words!

Marie Theron said...

Can it even get better? But with regards to you, I am sure it will! All the best for 2011, Jean!

SKIZO said...

Excellent
work
thank you for sharing