Thursday 27 January 2011

SAA, Society For All Artists, Snowdrop Challenge

Snowdrops appearing in an atmospheric wash

I recently wrote a feature for the SAA, Society for All Artists " Paint " magazine. The demonstration was on how to paint a simple snowdrop minus the use of a preliminary sketch whilst aiming to bring the subject to life. In the article was an invitation for members of the SAA and readers of the magazine to send in their interpretations of the demonstration.

I have just recieved by email the first  entries to the challenge. Yesterday our postman knocked on the door to give me a very large package with the remaining entires that had been sent to the SAA directly.  I am so thrilled by the comments and results. Now I have the task of selecting paintings to be included in my next feature and will be explaining how I feel about each one. I love them all so this will be very interesting.

When you write  you often have no idea  on whether your idea has come across or not until you recieve feedback. As I am now in the process of writing my second book receiving these submissions  has been really valuable to my creative writing journey so I am very  grateful to everyone who took participated.

My new feature with members snowdrop paintings will be in the next issue of "Paint" magazine.

Thank you to everyone who followed the demonstration and forwarded their results to the SAA. I am  so thrilled with the response. I hope when these Spring  flowers start to come into bloom this Spring there will be many more paintings to follow.

*****************





No comments: