Tuesday 21 June 2011

June Schedule 2011

Colour My World

 Watercolour Magic as pigments interact

While working on my second book I have found myself gradually disappearing from the outisde world as I become increasingly engrossed with my exploration into watercolour as a medium. I have spent so much time researching what is already out there in the literary world on how to paint in watercolour. There is just about every book available on every subject and how to paint it. But  by  my own experiements I am finding everything has definitely notr yet been discovered.There are wonderful new ways to work  in this magical medium that as yet have not been recorded or shared. I am having an absolute blast with my new findings but it is making me incredibly anti-social!. So it is very good timing that a friend has arrived from Hong Kong this week and I will be escaping from my studio. For a while at least!
I will also be escaping next week as it  will be the opening of the SWA Society for Women Artist 150th Exhibition. I will be working at the gallery helping to prepare for the show on the Tuesday and attending a charity evening at the gallery that night. I will then be at the Private Preview the following day when I will be presented with the council to Princess Micheal Of Kent at the opening of the exhibition. The day after will see me at the venue yet again for the Lady Taverners Charity night. It's going to be a very busy week!

What I am really looking forward to is the following week when I will be demonstrating at the Mall Galleries. I have prepared a really exciting programme for the day so please come along on 7th July and say "Hi".  As my workshops are fully booked this year  this is a great opportunity to see me in action, share my passion for  working in watercolour and hopefully leave feeling totally inspired and desperate to pick up your brushes!

For those wonderful followers who are letting me know they are eager to see my second book I have a feature coming up in the August issue of  " The Artist Magazine" , one I thoroughly enjoyed writing having been invited  to share a feature some time ago. I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed putting it together!


No comments: