Monday 25 July 2011

Floral Inspiration

Floral Inspiration

Hollyhocks from my garden 
An artists inspiration.

I have no idea where to start in my studio this morning. I have three very exciting chapters of my new book that need completing and a ballerina on my easel from yesterdays watercolour session. Not to mention the very long number of emails that desperately need replying to.

But out of my window I can see tall gorgeous hollyhocks  hit by beautiful sunlight.Without even picking up my brush I can feel Cadmium Yellow and Cerulean Blue bringing them to life. Maybe just those two shades are all I would need. Artists who came on my  flower workshop earlier this year will know exactly how I would simplify and approach all the wonderful ruffles in these blossoms.And gain texture at the same time.

I must work on my book today that is a definite.
And I must reply to the email messages.
But oh dear those hollyhocks are calling out my name!

****************

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today" 

*********************

Please feel free to paint from this photograph if it inspires you and if you have a successful result  please feel free to sell it. 

You have my permission on this one as it is just too gorgeous to ignore isn't it!


No comments: