Friday 29 July 2011

July Challenge : Favourite Painting No: 2.



July Challenge 2011
Favourite Painting No:2

I couldn't choose just one favourite painting for the July Challenge as two very easily caught my eye and for very different reasons. This second painting shows such ability in capturing light and movement in a wonderful loose style. I was taken aback when I first saw it.

Sometimes we only glance at a piece. Other times we have to look more than once to really gain an insight into the beauty of what we are looking at.I think this is one of the main problems for an artist especially new ones.They often don't see the beauty in their own work. It is only when someone else points it out that they too can look and see things from a different perspective.

This second favourite painting is by Jenny Hopkins.

Just look at this,it is simple in composition isn't it but there is something very clever going on in the lower corner of the composition. Here a flower is different in appearance to the main one glowing with the gorgeous yellow centre. This lower flower really acts as the backing singer to the incredible leading performer up above.Without it the main flower could appear less striking.

Daisies by Jenny Hopkins
July Watercolour Challenge 2011


I also love the top right hand corner that is left to the viewers imagination.

We all see things very differently but I adore this painting.

I hope you do too!

Thank you very much Jenny for sending me your painting. 

*************
I have decided on a fun project for August to get everyone smiling while they paint or reaching out to hit me! 
I will share it next week!

***********

A huge thank you to everyone who has sent me flowers  for this challenge.
I hope you like the next one!

Jean





1 comment:

irinasztukowski said...

These Flowers are so nice and fresh! I love the spontaneous look of these little beauties!
Thanks,
Irina