Thursday 4 August 2011

Reaching For Gold

Golden Moments


 Goldfish appearing in an exciting colourful wash 

It is happening.

The moment when I begin to switch off from the world as my new book really starts to come to life.The introduction stage was written some time ago and the mid sections are now leading to the most exciting of climaxes. I find I cannot tear myself away from my studio. I have lost all sense of the outisde world as my imagination and creative instincts lead me from one  tempting subject and technique to another. I have discovered so much along the way of writing my second book and on top of this I have met incredible artists over the last twelve months of all levels who have keenly encouraged me to take on this exciting project. I can't thank everyone enough for the enthusiasm and anticipation to the day this new book will be published.  My acknowledgemnt page is certainly going to be very interesting!

I have many emails from Art Societies awaiting replies, I have long lists of contacts asking about my 2012 watercolour workshops and I also have exhibitions I need to focus on for next year.

My life is very rich and  not a day goes by where something new and wonderful doesn't happen. It is far too much for one person to take in alone or possess. Which is why I want to give everything I know away in the chapters of my second book so that other artists may love what they are doing as much as I do and achieve their dreams.

One of the nicest emails I have read this week is from an established professional artist with many years of experience under their belt.They have won many awards and are a legend in thier own art journey. They told me I am like a breath of fresh air as I have renewed their own passion and enthusiasm for working in watercolour,  through new eyes even though they thought hey had seen it all before.. How wonderful is that and what a compliment. I will not reveal their name but I am truly honoured to have recieved such a flattering  message!

**************

I have been watching fish in our pond grow from tiny black small fry, born last year. They have gradually turned into gorgeous gold fish. No one would believe me when I said this would happen and it has! They are now stunning subjects to paint.  So when you lose faith,have a down painting day or don't believe you will be, or indeed are a fantastic artist think of these fish.
They turned into gold and I believe you can too!

**************

5 comments:

Brotesdeternura said...

It's really a wonderful watercolor! Congratulations for all that is happening. You have a unique and innovative style, we learn new ways of working thanks to your new experiences. Your stories accompany your washed and makes us travel to what you feel when you paint and is contagious. Thanks for sharing. Always here...Grace

Julia Ruffles | wildlife artist said...

I've had a very 'trying' day of painting and your blog posts always cheer me up! thankyou Jean :) Jules

bonne destination said...

Wow, Jean, this is stunning: such vibrancy and depth of colour with such transparency at the same time. I can't wait for your next book to come out.
You are a real inspiration to plodders like me.

bonne destination said...

Wow, Jean, this is stunning: such vibrancy and depth of colour with such transparency at the same time. I can't wait for your next book to come out.
You are a real inspiration to plodders like me.

irinasztukowski said...

What a SPLASH Jean! Fireworks of colors! Great expression too :)
thank you,
Irina