Sunday 25 September 2011

Bailey Challenge September 2011

Bailey posing for the September Watercolour Challenge

I took time out to study the paintings of this months Watercolour Challenge that have been sent to me over the last few weeks. I was determined to wait until the end of this month to have a look but temptation got the better of me.

What hit me most while looking through  the many entries was how my pets personality seems to have been captured so wonderfully in these paintings and yet has not  been met in person by the artists. There are fabulous compositions, brilliant colour choices and gorgeous evident use of  what I define as descriptive brushstrokes. marks that mean something within a painting,marks that tell the story very well and indicate what is important.

I won't select the winning paintings until the end of the month but I have to confess it is going to be very hard choosing from the many superb interpretations.

 Thank you so much to everyone who enjoyed joining in and sent me their painting.  I will share the painting that stole my heart and caught my eye the most, explaining why at the end of the month and then set a new challenge for October which is going to be very exciting!


No comments: