Wednesday 26 October 2011

Autumn Madness

"Blackberry Way"
First wash with hints of berries added ready for the final touches to complete the painting.

Today was the turn for "Autumn Madness" to hit my workshops as berries of all kinds became subjects for  autumnal washes.  The room looked fantastic with arrangements of  reds and golds from leaves to flowers that gave inspiration for working from life and creating energy within a unique painting.

There wasn't a single photograph in sight to work from as each  artist leant on their own vision,creativity and imagination to build paintings that were completely unique.

I must admit it was one of those sessions where I have come away desperate to paint and explore the ideas that flowed  throughout the day even further.

Thank you to everyone who came today for making the event  a very memorable occasion and I hope you  will be painting non stop once you leave the session. I know I will be!


***************

4 comments:

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Wow, sounds like a wonderful experience! No photo in sight that would scare me:) Great painting!

Sharlette White said...

You have such a gift and I am so impressed with your work. I haven't painted in water colors in years, but these paintings make me want to break them out again.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hi Carrie, to be honest the work created minus a photograph is so alive and full of more interesting colour combinations. I much prefer working from life when I can:)

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello Sharlette
What a terrific reply, I do hope you do break out those watercolours! Thank you:)