Saturday 3 December 2011

A Full Week 2011


It is no wonder my blog has fallen quiet because so much is happening.

Gallery Commission
This week I arranged delivery of a large commission to a gallery for one of their clients. I had worked on the piece  over the last few months and found the experience of watching it evolve over time really energising. I rarely accept commissions but following an exhibition had visited the clients home to see where the painting would be shown. I fell in love with the location which in turn effected my brushstrokes. My first task was to source the paper needed for the giant painting and then I needed to feel the energy for the movement that was to be held within the composition. It has been a truly uplifting experience.

Charity Auction
I also donated a painting for auction at a charity event in aid of the Lady Taverners this week and was thrilled to see the winning bid go to a wonderful member who I know will enjoy it greatly. This has become a regular charity activity of mine. This particular venue and Christmas event celebrates my first ever donation to the charity some time back. I have continued with the cockerel theme ever since.

New Book Proof
The most exciting news is that I have recieved the first final proof of my complete  new book which is so exciting that I will type about it on a seperate post!

Studio Collections
In between exciting administration and diary organisation for 2012 I have begun a new watercolour collection which to me is my best yet. I will be unveiling the paintings in a show next year. They will stay safely under wraps whilst I enjoy them.  For now!

Workshop and Demonstration Bookings
Requests for demonstrations and workshops are flooding in at the moment and for Art Societies I am having to look into 2013 . The popularity and demand is so high and I would like to thank everyone for getting in touch with me.

*****************

No comments: