Friday 23 December 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

Home made Mince Pies fresh from the oven

I start preparing for Christmas weeks in advance. I usually make everything from scratch including my own mince meat for my favourite mince pie recipe. When I was tiny my stepmother always told me that unless  you loved who you were cooking for the  results would be disappointing. I adore my family and friends and I know I am very loved. So each minute creating in my kitchen  will see me imagining my family and friends enjoying what I have made for them.

All of my life,whatever I do I always put my my heart and soul into it. Especially when it comes to working in watercolour. And I am noticing a very valuable point.The artists who I meet on my workshops always seem to get far better results when they are painting either something they truly love as a subject or  when they are absolutely passionate about moving their brushes.

I wish you a very Happy Christmas and an even more magical New Year to follow where your dreams come true with  a time ahead that is full of  many  special memories.

Thank you so much for following my blog and I do hope to share smiles, inspiration and  my passion for watercolour in 2012 which is already promising to be a very exciting  twelve months!

And a very special thank you for the lovely email that brought tears to my eyes letting me know how much my blog is enjoyed!


Jean

By the way, I have just looked at my photo of mince pies and realised I wish I had time to paint them too!


11 comments:

Isabelle said...

a huge thank you for the enthusiasm you clear and that I get far in France. happy new year to you and your relatives
isabelle

Okami said...

Have a wonderful holiday and New Year! Looking forward to more of your lovely art in 2012 and your new book.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you so much Isabelle,Joyeaux Noel:)

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you so much Jenny.my life is very rich with friends and family so I know I am really lucky. I can't help but want to shre my happiness and passion online on my blog.Thank you so much for such a wonderful reply and I wish you the most magical of times this Christmas and a fabulous 2012,

Jean

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello Julie,

Thank you so much, I am really excited about my new book and so looking forward to its launch.


Thank you so much for following my blog and for being so kind to leave a reply,

Have a truly memorable Christmas

Jean

Elena said...

A Very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year for you and for your family, Jean!
Elena

Elena said...

A Very Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year for you and your family, Jean!
Elena

Happy walker said...

Merry Christmas !!! have a nice day ~ =D

Regards,
www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

Brotesdeternura said...

They look delicious mince pies, so it seems that the smell from here. Each publication in your blog is a celebration for those who share the same passion for watercolors, accompanied by your story that lets us know the emotions that move in your brushes and inspires us. Both push makes us also mobilize. Thank you very much for sharing so much talent so generously. Very Merry Christmas to you and every one of those I met through your blog! We're a band of followers. Grace

2 urte said...

Merry Chistmas. Admiro tu obra

Kat Farmer/van Hookens said...

ooh yum, and hope you have a happy new year...