Tuesday 15 May 2012

"Expressions" Solo Exhibition 2012 Wey Gallery


The Wey Gallery
Expressions
Solo Exhibition
May 27th- June 11th, 2012



Yesterday I delivered the last of my paintings for my solo exhibition at the Wey Gallery in Godalming. I love this gallery as it is always so fantastic to visit. The owners are selective in the art they display and tend to show unique, contemporary art that is highly collectible. I visit many exhibitions so to walk into a gallery and see work that is completely fresh and new is a feast for an artists eyes. So I am delighted to be showing again in my second solo here.

I have been delivering subjects for my show over the last few weeks in groups so to finally see them all together for pricing  and catalogue details was really exciting. I have worked on this watercolour collection bringing a body of work together that is vibrant in colour,varied in subject matter and each painting is a firm favourite of mine which I would wish to keep as the artist. I also have paintings from my new book included in the show.

I have colourful new cockerels which have been created using my latest techniques. They outshine any cockerel paintings I have created to date; and they are intended to as I have grown in my art journey. My palette is  far more alive as my adventurous spirit will never settle for anything less than the best when it comes to dramatic colour combinations.

I have a fabulous selection of sheep watercolours,some of which were included in the June 2012 issue of "The Artist" magazine.

Owls with huge magnificent eyes can also be seen.  Two are from my new book "Atmospheric Watercolours".

Carnations as seen in my new DVD "Watercolour Passion" are in the fabulous collection of work.

There are a few surprises too like the elephant in an unusual frame.

Standing out will be my new collection of horse racing paintings. To see a gallery owners reaction when you take new work in is always a sign as to how well the show will be received. And they were thrilled with my latest pieces as am I. There is a strong sense of movement evident in this new collection that brings drama and the excitement of winning very much into play.

This body of work I am really proud of and looking forward to seeing in my second solo exhibition at the Wey Gallery. Last year in my first solo at the gallery various paintings sold immediately at the Private Preview and were taken that day due to visitors to the gallery having travelled so far to see my watercolours. For this reason I truly recommend an early visit if you would like to see the full collection.

I will be at the Private Preview on May 27th, 2012  and signing copies of my new book "Atmospheric Watercolours".  Everyone is welcome and I would love to meet you personally if you can make it to celebrate my new book, DVD and new collection of watercolours.

For full details please see the gallery web site on









No comments: