Wednesday 12 September 2012

Last Days Of Summer 2012

Roses from my cottage garden this afternoon


I have a full week,in fact I have a full month or even year as I am finding the need to juggle my time wisely at the moment. But this afternoon the sun shone and everyone who is waiting for an email from me will be surprised to see I took time out to escape to my cottage garden and paint what may be the last of my summer roses. These gorgeouss pink blooms grow outside my kitchen window so I see them daily and they beg me to paint them. Today I listened to their pleas, picked up my brushes and painted purely for the fun of creating one of my favourite flowers in a soft loose composition.

If you adore painting flowers catch every seasonal bloom before its too late.

Today I did just that!

***************

For artists who attended my demonstration at Virginia Water Art Society recently this is a similar technique to the one demonstrated on the evening. I hope you like it!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderfull! It is magic roses. I dream I could paint like that. Thank you for showing them.

Brotesdeternura said...

Jean are absolutely beautiful. I can imagine they look like framed and in a major London galleries. I hope to be present there someday. You are fantastic.

Nora MacPhail said...

This painting is just gorgeous!!