Wednesday 9 January 2013

They Call It Hump Day!

Camel from my latest book
"Atmospheric Watercolours"


What a great start to 2013! Yesterday I had  the very first meeting with my publisher to discuss my next book.  It was such a fabulous day and as my book is in its infancy stage there are so many incredible options I could include as my next publication. 

Since writing "Atmospheric Watercolours" I have grown so much as an artist. By writing it I felt as though I was on an art course with myself on an exclusive one to one workshop. I could explore all the techniques I love so much and discover new ways of working with each. My watercolour workshops have helped so much in that  I was, and still am, constantly meeting artists with problems I hadn't come across before or even considered. For example I took it for granted that everyone knew how to use salt but I was wrong and there are many ways of creating  a  huge number of effects with its application. I also took it for granted that using cling film was an easy thing to do as the idea has been around  for years. But simple subtle changes in how we apply it with a little thought beforehand can bring enormous benefits. I love the questions that have come my way even down to asking me what water I prefer to use when painting,which as a question at first had me stumped. But there are artists  who don't like me, simply work with tap water.

In the last year while I haven't been working on a book I have travelled and had time to work on my exhibition collection. Many paintings I have kept under wraps until my major solo opens later this year because I want them to be a surprise when they are first seen. As my technique has evolved yet again with new colour combinations and ways of working. This is natural in an enthusiastic artists life and everyone who has met me knows how passionate I am about working in watercolour.

The good news is  I have a lot of  fabulous subjects to include in my next book which are completely new to me and seriously exciting. I will use some of the techniques that have been included in my last book but they will be very tempting to follow in new ways with new colour ideas! My journey from my first book has seen me move from one  amazing event in my art career to the next. I would love everyone who adores watercolour, or has goals of being a professional artist, or for professional artists who are tired in their career to read my next new book and feel exhilarated in a way they have never been before. The bad news is I will be working on this new publication for some time to come as it is a massive project but its going to be so worth waiting for!

So please experiment and practise with the techniques from my current book because my art life is an adventure that just keeps getting more and more exciting and I would love your art journey to be thrilling too.

There are currently only twelve copies of "Atmospheric Watercolour " available on Amazon.com but it has gone into reprint again and more will be available soon! Please order now if you want one quickly!




Signed copies are currently still available on my web site

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Very Nice Blog......

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you very much, I am so happy you like my blog.