Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day: Roses 2013


Happy Valentines day to  all my blog readers. Whether you are a romantic or not painting roses is such a fabulous way to spend time. I do love that my " Painting Roses"  posts on my blog have become so popular. So to celebrate this  day of all days,  when roses are important,  here are a few of my happiest memories and favourite watercolour paintings of roses.


 On my easel, a rose collection 

 
 Bursting with light, a rose coming to life


 A very old favourite from years ago
Scents of Summer


 Again, an old favourite of mine.

 Rose Demonstration at my Four Seasons Hotel Painting Retreat Workshop.

Hints of a Rose
 

Side by Side



Artist Tips for the Day 
Paint from life as much as possible
Try to capture a sense of emotion in your work
When painting flowers think about whether they are soft and delicate and choose colour accordingly.

6 comments:

aariho said...

Oh, that beautiful roses! Happy Valentine to you also!

corinne60 said...

Happy Valentine day to you!

Brotesdeternura said...

Happy Valentines day to you! Jean. Thanks for share your roses. They are SU-BLI-MES!!!! GRace

Diana said...

Jean -- these are gorgeous so beautiful and you do make it look so very effortless.. positive thoughts and beauty seem to flow out of you, love to you,Diana

Anonymous said...

Your work is so beautiful, Jean! I keep reading your posts but attempting your techniques is proving, as I knew it would, very difficult because of my warped fingers (disabling condition). However, I'm often trying a watercolour effect with my digital work so all is not entirely lost and you are a great inspiration to me.
Sarah

hmuxo said...

OUTSTANDING Roses!!! I love your work!!!