Thursday 7 February 2013

Patchings Demonstrations: June 2013



 Patchings Demonstrations 
June 2013
Everyone Welcome!

I am really excited about being invited as a guest artist to demonstrate at the fantastic Patchings Festival again this year which is a very special occasion due to its' being a fabulous anniversary. For years I had always wanted to go to Patchings but living abroad meant I always missed the opportunity. I often heard friends talking about it while I was living in Asia and Dubai. I never dreamed I would one day be demonstrating there myself and last year saw my entrance as a guest artist for my publisher. My debut was as an author and professional artist.

In the morning, last year my marquee was crowded and took me by surprise. By the afternoon however I was in full shock as I looked at the sea of faces watching my demonsrations. I probably stunned everyone because instead of taking this for granted in a cool ,calm way I let everyone in the room know how stunned I was which seemed to create a lot of laughter. This led to the most amazing atmosphere in the room as I leapt from one subject to the next, eager to share as much as I could about how I work in watercolour. If you were there last year you will know what I mean, as it was such a special time.

I am thrilled to share the news that I have been invited back and I will be  adding full details of the dates later but my first appearanace will be on the Thursday 6th June and as a heads up I thought I would let my blog  readers know first so that you have a chance of getting tickets at Patchings to see me.  As my 2013 workshops are fully sold out and waiting lists are already growing for 2014 I am going to make sure each demonstration at Patchings is jam packed with tips, new technique ideas and my favourite colour options this year.  I will be happy to sign books and meet you in person too! Please keep an eye on my web site as I will be sharing the exciting details and dates shortly.

*********************

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jean, I wanted to arrange to attend the Patchings festival to watch you at work; however, as of todays date, there is no mention of you as a guest artist or demonstrator. Please would u ask them to put your name on their website list of guest artists who will be at their festival. Thanks!

Suecat said...

Hi Jean, my first trip to Patchings this year, especially to see you! Have booked a local b & b so hope we can get to go for 2 days! Can't wait and hope I am lucky enough to get tickets to see your demo! Hope you are still enjoying Spain! Kind regards Sue

Suecat said...

Hi Jean, my first trip to Patchings this year, especially to see you! Have booked a local b & b so hope we can get to go for 2 days! Can't wait and hope I am lucky enough to get tickets to see your demo! Hope you are still enjoying Spain! Kind regards Sue

Elderberry-Rob said...

I just found your blog whilst looking for inspiration for something I want to paint - what a fabulous blog and you are so generous with your tutorials! so glad to have found you - I paint on silk but have been experimenting with watercolour - your blog has shown me that there are so many ways to express colour and light and that everyone has their own unique style. Thankyou so much - I know you have a huge number of followers but would be so pleased if you have time to visit my blog. Betty (-thewoodfairy)