Wednesday 27 March 2013

Spring Excitement 2013

Kingfisher in a fantastic first wash

Every year at this time I begin to feel completely energised. Even though we have had terrible weather my heart tells me its Spring and that seasonal sense of exciting "Spring Fever" is hitting me giving me many ideas of subjects to paint for my new book, Summer Exhibitions and art events throughout the year.

At the moment I am working on a series of Kingfishers in watercolour with each new painting becoming even more vibrant than the last. The above is the first stage of a gorgeous painting that I love so much that it may have to stay in my cottage when its finished!

Artists Tip: Whatever you are painting do try to find new ways to work on a familiar subject with even more interesting results each time you pick up your brush!

1 comment:

Vandy said...

I am loving your kingfisher paintings. The blue greens are my favourite colours and they just leap off the page in your kingfishers.

I'm eagerly awaiting my dot chart of Daniel Smith paints as I think there's likely to be a good choice of greeny blues - or blue greens (I love both ends of this spectrum).