Monday 25 March 2013

Wey Gallery "Essence of an Artist" Solo Exhibition 2013

"Favourite Winner"
£2795
SOLD

Last Friday was the Private Preview of my solo exhibition "Essence of an Artist" which opened at the Wey Gallery in Godalming, Surrey.  The show looked wonderful when I arrived early before the doors officially opened. I knew this could be my only chance to gain a few photographs  on the night, and I was right!  The wall on the right as you enter the Wey Gallery showcased some of my horse racing scenes whilst opposite on the left there was a display of floral paintings including geraniums and Spring daffodils. Once inside, the variety of subjects displayed led you through to owls, hare, dogs and pheasant and then further into the gallery there is a further selection of  my watercolours including Cyclists, Venice and people were in the  next room of the gallery.


"Essence of an Artist"
Solo Exhibition 2013


The champagne flowed, so much so that I am still suffering a little today from enjoying myself on the night. The party that followed the opening went on until one in the morning so it was amazing that I made it to the demonstration at the gallery that I gave the next day! Thank you so much to everyone who braved the snow to visit the gallery and watch my demonstrations that day.

Unfortunately the key piece of the show  " Favourite Winner" shown at the top of this post, sold before the exhibition  had even opened so I am afraid the cover painting from the catalogue is not on display. The owners were at the Preview and as they love it so much I know it will be in a great home. It will be flying to Australia in the near future.

The show will run through until April so please visit if you can. For those who live further away there is an online catalogue available from the Wey Gallery web site. Many of my pieces are shown in the  online display so  you can visit the gallery to see my show, virtually via this link.



No comments: