Tuesday 8 October 2013

Atmospheric Watercolours Solo Exhibition : Montpellier Gallery, Cheltenham

"Morning Glory"


They say time flies when you are having fun. If that quote is true I must be having too much as my weeks, months and years seem to be flying by far too quickly with very little free time to add to my blog lately!

Last week I headed for the opening of my solo exhibition at the Montpellier Gallery in Cheltenham.  The event started with a talk in the afternoon followed by a Preview Evening. The gallery looked fantastic and I was thrilled with how the owner had hung my watercolour collection. In the show are all of my favourite subjects including kingfishers,cockerels, horse racing and  stunning sheep.

I met the most incredible of people during my time at the gallery and happily signed my latest book "Atmospheric Watercolours" which is also on sale there  along with cards showing my work. Red dots quickly appeared and some of my collection has already left this week to collectors and new homes. If you are thinking of visiting the gallery please do so  as early as possible to see my watercolour collection. There are still some beautiful favourites available at the moment.

For cockerel lovers I am afraid there is only one cockerel available. "Morning Glory", the painting featured above, has the most gorgeous of watercolour marks to the top right and stunning effects at the bottom left which add to the drama of this almost ethereal piece. It is in a stunningly dramatic frame which makes this painting even more unique. This is one of those pieces that as an artist you consider keeping!


*****************

For full detaisl on my exhibition, price lists and work available please contact the Montpellier Gallery on 


Please note, not all the art work is photographed or on the gallery web site!


No comments: