Thursday 4 February 2016

Bearded Collie in Watercolour

"Sleepyhead"
 Bearded Collie in Watercolour 
( Copyright Strictly Jean Haines )

I'm working on a new collection for an exhibition later this year and as my mind is set on painting animals in watercolour for my new films this month I couldn't resist painting my own dog Bailey this afternoon.

This is a work in progress but it is nearly complete. 

This painting is such a joy to work on because I am painting my own pet, knowing his character and his poses. I love how his one eye is open watching me when I took the original photo. He was half asleep but at the same time didn't want to miss out on anything that might be about to happen.

I will have some beautiful new work available later this year for a solo show. 

For now I will keep painting happily and sharing. I always paint at my best when I am happy and right now I am ecstatically happy!

***********

Please note: If I add these words after a painting it means the piece is from an exhibition collection and not for copying

( Copyright Strictly Jean Haines )

No comments: