Monday 18 April 2016

Venice in Watercolour : Wedding Anniversaries

Memories of Venice 

I had always wanted to visit Venice for as long as I can remember. One year I was sitting in our garden having lunch with my husband when he told me that he was taking me to the Opera for our Wedding Anniversary. My jaw dropped.

" You are kidding" was my reply. My husband hates the opera And for the life of me I couldn't imagine he would enjoy the experience wedding anniversary or not. But what he said next made my jaw drop to the floor.

" But we are going to see the opera in Venice"

I couldn't answer at first as he showed me the special trip he had romantically planned. We were going to stay in a gorgeous hotel,go to the opera and see all the sights I had longed to see. And the trip was magical.

I know I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful guy. Who also accompanies me on my tours. I'm sure everyone who has met him will agree with me in that he is so fantastic. In every possible way.  And as I sit here  I am aware that in a few weeks time it will be yet another fabulous Wedding Anniversary. We will have been married for over forty years and if I could turn back time I would marry him all over again.

So whilst I am thinking of these very special memories it seemed right to paint and share one of my favourite sights from that first trip to Venice. The above painting . 

Memories of Venice
In love

***********


No comments: