Tuesday 17 January 2017

Les Fleur De Noel

"Les Fleur De Noel"

I have been excited. Enjoying new techniques, new colours and new subjects. This is the year where a change in direction hits my art and I can feel this in my soul.

I have no idea why this has happened now but over the last few months I have had the most incredible dreams. Starting with humming birds until more recently involving bright lights and glowing colours. Am I going crazy? I think not. I have read about many artists who this has happened to. Rather than ignore the dreams I am welcoming them and I am aiming to re create what I am seeing in them. Starting with this piece. White flowers  peeping out of the ground that is covered with ice.

I feel inspired and energised.

 I want forty eight hour days to pack all these new ideas in. There are never enough hours to paint. And far too many wonderful things to paint when I do pick up a brush.

Roll on to tomorrow and tomorrows' experiments. I can't wait to see where they will lead me.


**********************

1 comment:

Gail M. said...

Good Evening - I have been painting for years with oil paints. I have a very sedate, exact style of painting. As I paint buildings and an occasional portrait painting.

I really wanted to learn watercolor painting. As it takes so long for oils to dry in between coats. I wanted a fun painting to do while one (or two oil paintings)were drying.

I looked for an instructor, and could not find what I was looking for. Then I found your books. I purchased two of them.

My first watercolor painting of a hummingbird was a complete disaster. But that is how we learn things at times. I decided to paint what I know, and although I love hummingbirds buzzing around my head, I can't really get up close and personal with them.

My second attempt was a kitten, in a very loose format done with primary colors. And it turned out wonderfully. Thank you so much for taking the time to write the books.

I plan on working with dogs, cats, bunnies and horses for my watercolors. Something entirely different than I work with in oils - such fun. It so exhilarating, when the painting leaps from the mind to the canvas. Thanks - Gail M.