Sunday 21 May 2017

Summer Delight: Lupin in Watercolour

"Summer Delight"
Lupins in Watercolour
Painted in my cottage garden

This week has been really busy and I am delighted to have  worked so hard on my new book. The latest chapter additions are full of inspirational ideas. And simply by writing them I have felt strongly moved to paint. Finally today I had time to sit quietly in my garden and do just that. 

I set up my painting table, outside, by a gorgeous lupin that has burst into flower this week. I will confess that the gardening bug has hit me really hard this year and this is one of the plants that I have been feeding with my own home made nettle feed. The extra care has paid off  because now I have huge, glorious blooms that are irresistible to an artist to pass up the opportunity of painting.

This afternoon, the sun is so strong in this part of my garden that the lupins are bathed in glowing, soft summer light making them even more attractive to me as a subject.

When I first started writing this new book I thought about its' content and would there be enough material to fill it. How I am going to break it to my publishers that all my ideas will not fit into this one new publication I don't know. But the joy for me will be my putting in it the most wonderful demonstrations to follow and my favourite ideas that have had me racing for my own brushes. With the intention of  my books 'readers feeling the same way.

In fact, I can't sit still to type, I have just had another wonderful idea so I am going to paint and see if it works , right now!

Whatever you are doing, I hope you feel as happy as I do.

Happy painting!

****************

No comments: