Friday 8 September 2017

May I be the first to say.............

Merry Christmas!

I am laughing because I know its very early but for many artists  it is time to start thinking about painting the dreaded " Christmas Card" !

I say dreaded because I always have to fit painting one in amongst so many other things going on in my busy life. But each year my wonderful friends look forward to seeing what I have painted for my annual greeting card. And I don't want to let them down.

In the past I have painted robins, landscapes, snowdrops as well as Father Christmas. In fact I have lost count of the number of Christmas snow scenes I have painted. 

But today my hands are covered in vibrant shades so I couldn't resist closing my studio session with an energetic poinsettia in watercolour, bursting with life and drama.

I love it.

Will it be my 2017 Christmas card?

I don't know but there is time to think about it. A little time anyway.

But I wonder if I was the first to wish you Merry Christmas!
 ( I am laughing again )

***************

No comments: